Table Of Contents
- 1. Hue Cuisine and What to eat in Hue city
- 2. Some delicious dishes you must taste to answer the question ” What to eat in Hue city?”
- 2.1. Hue mixed noodles with mussels ( Bún Hến).
- 2.2. Hue noodle soup with beef ( Bún Bò Huế).
- 2.3. Banh Canh
- 2.4. Hue Sweet Soup ( Chè Huế)
- 2.5. Hue grilled lean pork in the lemongrass stick (Nem Lụi).
- 2.6. The Hades Rice (Cơm Âm Phủ).
- 2.7. Vegetarian dishes in Hue ( Cơm Chay).
- 2.8. Mixed noodles with BBQ pork ( Bún Thịt Nướng).
- 2.9. Vietnamese rice pancakes (Bánh Khoái).
1. Hue Cuisine and What to eat in Hue city
Many people have the same question What to eat in Hue city while traveling to Hue city. As you know, traveling, in addition to visiting beautiful landscapes, enjoying food is also a pleasure not to be mentioned. Many people believe that food is also culture. Enjoying the food is experiencing the culture of the destination. Therefore, do not miss this opportunity when you travel.
Hue is an ancient land, but it is also a land in the Central region where is full of wind and sunshine, with many disadvantages in terms of location and natural conditions. Therefore, the cuisine here has its own characteristics, many dishes show ingenuity and sophistication in processing. But they use many types of available and simple materials to create flavors. fascinating hard to resist. Culture Pham Travel will recommend the delicious dishes in Hue that you definitely have to try when coming to Hue.
2. Some delicious dishes you must taste to answer the question ” What to eat in Hue city?”
2.1. Hue mixed noodles with mussels ( Bún Hến).
Referring to Hue, everyone must think of the first dish “Mixed noodles with mussels” (Bún or Cơm Hến). Because this dish is rustic, present everywhere from restaurants, small markets, alleys to luxury restaurants in Hue city as well.
The mussel rice with the main raw material is mussel but the additives are quite a lot like a fried pork rind, fish sauce, raw vegetables, banana flower, bean sprouts, chopped white taro, roasted peanuts… All mixed together to bring a flavor-rich and pungent taste very typical of Hue.
This dish can be found everywhere and is very cheap. Usually, the restaurants selling mussel rice serve both mussels and porridge. If you have a lot of time you should try these dishes as well. Some suggestions on where to eat mussel rice:
– A shop in Hen islet, Vi Da
– A small shop in a small crossroads of Pham Hong Thai – Truong Dinh
– A shop at No. 2 Truong Dinh
– Quan Porridge – Vermicelli – Com clam in 98 Nguyen Hue
– Han Mac Tu street area.
2.2. Hue noodle soup with beef ( Bún Bò Huế).
It can be said that this dish is not only famous in Vietnam but also famous worldwide. Most foreign tourists know this dish because many articles in foreign newspapers and magazines or from famous travel bloggers refer to Bun Bo as a delicious dish in Hue irresistible.
In the morning, in Hue you can see beef noodle shops everywhere, the price is only 20-30k / bowl depending on the restaurant but the quality is really impeccable. This dish has a unique flavor and color comes from spices such as lemongrass, chili, paprika, pepper, garlic, onion, fish sauce, etc. a piece of ham, sausage, pork blood, and a few slices of beef … and most importantly the vegetables must be very fresh.
Suggest a few places to enjoy this dish:
– 13 Ly Thuong Kiet, next to Cong Doan guesthouse
– “Acet Fall” shop near Dieu De pagoda
– Bun Le Dien Bien Phu street
– Ba Phung noodle restaurant on Nguyen Du street, Hue.
– Bun Ba My at 71 Nguyen Cong Tru Street.
2.3. Banh Canh
Some places to enjoy this delicacy in Hue:
– Banh Canh on Pham Hong Thai Street, Hue.
– Phan Boi Chau Slope, Truong An, Hue city.
– Banh Canh Ca Loc in Huong Thuy district, Hue province.
2.4. Hue Sweet Soup ( Chè Huế)
2.5. Hue grilled lean pork in the lemongrass stick (Nem Lụi).
2.6. The Hades Rice (Cơm Âm Phủ).
What to eat in Hue is not a hard question but not easy to answer at all. A delicious dish in Hue that has a strange name, makes many tourists curious. With the famous saying “Want to eat lyrical rice dish, there is the Hades rice with haunted ghosts behind”. But it can be said that this dish is attractive from form to taste. The origin of this dish originates from a rice restaurant named Hades on Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, near Hue Stadium. The shop has been open for nearly a hundred years. Before it opened only at night, using a kerosene lamp to make a special atmosphere.
2.7. Vegetarian dishes in Hue ( Cơm Chay).
If not you can enjoy vegetarian dishes at some famous restaurants:
– Lien Hoa restaurant: 3 Le Quy Don street, Hue city.
– Thanh Lieu vegetarian restaurant at 50 Nguyen Cong Tru street, Hue city.
– Sân Mây vegetarian restaurant at 08 Thanh Tinh street, Vi Da ward, Hue city.
– Thien Tam vegetarian restaurant at 110A, Le Ngo Cat road, Hue city.
2.8. Mixed noodles with BBQ pork ( Bún Thịt Nướng).
2.9. Vietnamese rice pancakes (Bánh Khoái).
After enjoying this dish, I think you can answer for yourself the question of what to eat in Hue city. This is a very typical dish in Hue imperial city. The ingredients are rice flowers, turmeric, chicken eggs, spring onions, lean meat pork, shrimps, natural oil, and bean sprouts. Well, to enjoy this dish, you should enjoy the pancake with raw vegetables, salad, and mixed peanut, sesame sauce.
The best restaurant to enjoy the number one pancake is Lac Thien restaurant at 06 Dinh Tien Hoang street, Hue city or Hanh Local food restaurant at 11 Pho Duc Chinh Street, Hue.
Traveling to Hue, you should try to taste these delicious dishes and the best way to enjoy, save your time is to book a Hue street food Tour at Culture Pham Travel. With this tour, we will help you answer the question ” What to eat in Hue city!”