Table Of Contents
- 1. Hue Nightlife and Things To Do In Hue at Night
- 1.1. Listening to Hue folk songs on the Perfume River
- 1.2. Visiting Hue Citadel at night
- 1.3. Walking on Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street
- 1.4. Getting around Hue by cyclo – experience a part of Hue’s culture
- 1.5. Pedestrian zone – The vibrant space amid the peaceful city
- 1.6. Going to the bars
- 1.7. Tasting Hue street food
- 1.8. Sipping a cup of coffee
- 2. Nightlife in Hue imperial Citadel Video
1. Hue Nightlife and Things To Do In Hue at Night
Hue is known as an Imperial City with several magnificent royal tombs; however, Hue has become a splendid blend of the modern and the traditional these days. So, not only is Hue a serene spot, but it’s an awesome city of nightlife as well. Here are 8 incredible things you should do to hugely enjoy nights out in Hue.
1.1. Listening to Hue folk songs on the Perfume River
Enjoying performances of “folk music” on such a wonderful river is a must-do in nightlife when you travel to Hue City. Actually, listening to folk music is a one-of-a-kind form of art activity of local people, which has been kept alive over the years. So, you should be so fascinated to take a dragon boat trip, listen to Hue folk songs, and feel Hue’s soul behind such a delicate art form. However, recently, musicians play not only traditional musical instruments but also modern ones to please plenty of visitors.
Tour recommended Perfume River Sunset Cruise with dinner.
Here are some tips
A ticket for listening to folk music performances in Hue nightlife costs VND 100,000 per Vietnamese or VND 150,000 per international visitor.
Apart from the evening, dragon boat cruises are also available in the daytime.
1.2. Visiting Hue Citadel at night
Visitors usually pay a visit to Hue Citadel in the daytime, but it would also be so great to drop by it at nightlife. Some of the beautiful spots in Hue Citadel are open, namely The Mieu Temple, Dien Tho Palace, Truong Sanh Palace, Tu Phuong Vo Su, and Hoa Binh Gate. Admiring the Citadel at night-time is truly mysterious and so different from visiting it in the morning or afternoon.
You also may find loads of locals hanging out there to fly kites, go skateboarding, or do the street dance. More importantly, on the top of Ky Dai (the largest bastion in Hue Citadel), there has been the Holy Cannon Performance at 9 p.m. every Saturday since 2018. Nine cannons are displayed surrounding the Ky Dai bastion, and the ceremony will last after nine shots of cannons to show respect for the deceased Emperors establishing the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19 century.
The useful tips
The opening time is from 6:30 to 10 p.m. every day.
Speaking of the entrance fees, an adult fare costs VND 200,000, and a child fare is VND 40,000.
Here is our recommendation for excellent Hue restaurants within the Hue Citadel area if you make plans to do in nightlife
- Huong Sen Restaurant, at 96B Nguyen Trai
- Les Jardins de la Carambole, at 8 Dang Tran Con
- Banh Khoai Hong Mai, at 65 Dinh Tien Hoang,
- Tu Phuong Vo Su Lau, at Hoa Binh Gate, Hue Imperial City
1.3. Walking on Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street
Set in the heart of Hue City, alongside Perfume River and Truong Tien Bridge, Nguyen Dinh Chieu Walking Street should be a beautiful spot for sightseeing and going for walks in the nightlife. It is comprised of eleven house blocks for business units as well as traders to sell souvenirs and Hue’s specialties.
One interesting thing is that there are loads of art plays, acoustic shows, street paintings, or flash mob dances, which appeal to both locals and tourists. This turns the walking street into one of the ideal places for hanging out and having fun at night in Hue.
1.4. Getting around Hue by cyclo – experience a part of Hue’s culture
Admiring the citadel, and streets filled with houses and stores and street stalls at nightlife is doubtless a must-do when you happen to visit Hue. Sometimes, cycle drivers would be truly tour guides as they have really good knowledge of the history of the temples in Hue. So, it would be a miss if you don’t chat to cycle drivers to chill out and discover Hue more. That’s the reason why traveling by cycle appeals not only to locals but also to tourists.
- Tour recommended Hue Street Food Tour
What to eat?
- Ba Do Restaurant (8 Nguyen Bind Chime),
- Hang Me (12 and 16 Vo This Saul),
- Nam Pho Restaurant (54 Nguyen Cong True Street),
- Ba Phuong (5 Nguyen Du),
- Hue Imperial sweet soup (31 Nguyen Hue).
1.5. Pedestrian zone – The vibrant space amid the peaceful city
Established in 2017, the pedestrian zone, also known as the “Western town” in Hue, is situated in Pham Ngu Lao, Chu Van An, and Vo Thi Sau. This is open from 6 p.m. till 2 a.m. every Friday and Saturday and between 6. p.m. and 12 a.m. every Sunday. Apart from eateries, clothing stores, souvenir shops, and bars are also touring attractions here.
Like Nguyen Dinh Chieu walking street, this pedestrian zone is a wonderful spot for enjoying music performances as well as street art nightlife activities. One interesting thing is that there is a performance of Hue folk songs at the house of Buu Y (a renowned translator) at 9 Pham Ngu Lao Street on Saturdays. It welcomes all visitors to listen and learn Hue folk songs.
What to eat in Hue?
Here are some of the must-try restaurants in the “Western town”:
- Missy Roo Restaurant (11 Pham Ngu Lao),
- Golden Rice Restaurant (40 Pham Ngu Lao),
- La Carambole (19 Pham Ngu Lao),
- Gecko Pub (9 Pham Ngu Lao),
- T’House Coffee Kangaroo Hue Restaurant & Cooking Class (31 Vo Thi Sau).
1.6. Going to the bars
If you look for a lively spot in the midst of Hue, bars will be the perfect nightlife destinations for you. You will have a swell time with your buddies there while having a glass of wine, beer, cocktail, or mocktail.
Here are some favorite bars in Hue:
- DMZ bar (60 Le Loi).
- Brown Eyes bar (56 Chu Van An).
- Why Not Bar & Restaurant (26 Pham Ngu Lao.
- Le’s Garden Bar (14 Pham Ngu Lao).
- Hangout Coffee and Bar (48 Nguyen Tri Phuong), Cherish Hotel (59 Ben Nghe).
- Cococlub (53 Ham Nghi).
1.7. Tasting Hue street food
Hue becomes more serene and rustic at nightlife. In spite of being in the city center, you may not feel the hustle and bustle like the larger cities including Ha Noi, or Ho Chi Minh. So, having a snack in the nightlife is considered a great pleasure. Street food is buzzing near Dong Ba market, around the cultural center, under Trang Tien bridge, or along the Perfume River.
Don’t forget to taste Hue’s specialties, namely beef rice noodles, grilled pork sausages, thick noodle soup, dumplings of Hue (water fern cake, flat rice dumpling, tapioca dumpling, or steamed rice sheets), and sweet soups.
Here are some street stalls for you to drop by:
- Beef Rice Noodles My Tam (24 Le Duan),
- Bread Under Trang Tien Bridge,
- Thick Noodle Soup Han Thuyen (Han Thuyen).
- Che Hem Hung Vuong (29 Hung Vuong),
- Pho O Tung (Mai Thuc Loan),
- Eel Soup Mr. Nen (Block A5 Phan Van Truong),
- Grilled Pork Sausages Nhu Y (102 Nguyen Sinh Cung)
- Dong Ba Market.
1.8. Sipping a cup of coffee
Hue accommodates loads of wonderful cafes with amazing scenery and flavored coffee. So, it must be terrific to sit in a café to admire Hue when the lights are up.
There are so many coffee shops having views of the charming Perfume River especially at the nightlife, namely:
- Coffee Shop on the 16th floor of the Imperial Hotel (8 Hung Vuong),
- Sky Café at the Midtown Hotel,
- Co Huong Coffee (2 Tran Hung Dao),
- Song Trang Coffee (8/27 Nguyen Sinh Cung),
- Vi Da Xua Coffee (131 Nguyen Sinh Cung)
2. Nightlife in Hue imperial Citadel Video
Those are eight of the greatest must-dos in Hue at nighttime. To get enormous pleasure when visiting Hue at night, you can book a Hue City Tour Full Day Or Hue Group Tour via Culture Pham Travel Agent.