Table Of Contents
Phong Nha Entrance Fee Introduction
Phong Nha Entrance fee 2023 is the latest updated information about the entrance tickets prices of the highlight attractions in Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park. Plus you will get some useful travel tips to have an unforgettable trip in the World Natural Heritages.
As you know, Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park is located in Bo Trach and Minh Hoa districts, Quang Binh province; about 50 km northwest of Dong Hoi city, about 500 km south of Hanoi capital.
Features of this national park are limestone formations, 300 caves, underground rivers, and rare flora and fauna listed in the Red Book of Vietnam and the Red Book of the World.
The caves here have a total length of more than 80 km, but the British and Vietnamese cave explorers have only explored 20 km, of which 17 km are in the Phong Nha area and 3 km in the Ke Bang area.
In April 2009, an expedition belonging to the Royal British Cave Association discovered and announced Son Doong cave as the largest cave in the world (over 5 km long, 200 m high, and 150 m wide).
Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park was recognized as a World Natural Heritage Site according to geological and geomorphological criteria in 2003. Not only that, It was recognized by UNESCO for the second time as a World Natural Heritage Site with criteria of biodiversity and ecology on July 3. 2015.
Paradise Cave Entrance Fee
The Paradise Cave (Thien Duong cave) is a dry cave in Phong Nha – Ke Bang national park. This cave is located in the ecological restoration forest, in the limestone core zone of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park.
In Thien Duong cave, there are many magical stalactites and stalagmites. Most of the ground in this cave is flexible, quite flat, so it is convenient for sightseeing and exploration. The temperature inside Thien Duong cave is always about 16°C different from the outside.
So to contribute to protecting the Thien Duong Cave, we have to buy entrance tickets. Below are the details of the entrance ticket as well as additional services.
- For adults, it costs VND 250,000 (roughly USD 11)/ 01 person.
- Children with a height from 1.1m to 1.3m: VND 125,000 (roughly USD 5,5)/ person.
- Children with a height under 1.1m are free of charge.
You can walk from the entrance to the Paradise cave mouth on a paved road for about 1km. If not, you can go by golf cart and of course, you have to pay an additional fee for this extra service.
Golf cart service:
- The 4-seat tram one-way ticket: VND 60,000 VND (roughly USD3/ route / one way and for the round trip ticket: VND 100,000 (roughly USD 5)/ route.
- The 06-seat tram one-way ticket: VND 90,000 (roughly USD4.5)/ route and for the round trip ticket: VND 150,000 (roughly USD 7)/ route .
- 8-seat tram ticket: VND 200,000 (roughly USD 9) /route and for the 14-seat tram: VND 350.000vnd (roughly USD 15)/ route.
Phong Nha Cave Entrance Fee
Phong Nha Cave is located in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site, in Son Trach Commune, Bo Trach District, Quang Binh Province, about 45km northwest of Dong Hoi City.
Among the caves, Phong Nha is really the most prominent with a survey length of up to nearly 8km; with many beautiful caves and eye-catching stalactites. All make up the majestic beauty, bringing a sense of excitement, relaxation, and comfort to tourists.
Although often called Phong Nha Ke Bang cave, actually Phong Nha cave is just one of many other beautiful caves in Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park. This place is also known as “the most beautiful cave in the world” when it became the first attraction to be put into operation for tourism in Phong Nha Ke Bang Quang Binh.
- For adults, it costs VND 150,000 (roughly 7 USD) / person.
- Children under 1.3 m in height are exempt from admission tickets.
- Boat to visit Phong Nha Cave: VND 550,000/ 1 boat with a life jacket, carrying up to 12 guests including children.
Tien Son Cave entrance fee
Tien Son cave, also known as Dry cave, is a famous beautiful cave in the Phong Nha-Ke Bang area. However, not many tourists know this cave because they have to walk a lot, so it is less interested and promoted.
The road to Tien Son is winding halfway up the mountain, at an altitude of about 200m above sea level. The entrance to Tien Son cave is located about 1,000m from Phong Nha cave entrance. Discovered in 1935, initially, the locals called this cave Fairy Cave (Tien cave), due to its mysterious and magical beauty. Later, when it was discovered that Phong Nha cave was a water cave, people called Tien Son cave a dry cave.
- The ticket price to visit Tien Son Cave for adults is VND 80,000 (roughly 4USD)/ person.
- Children under 1.3 m in height are exempt from admission tickets.
- Boat to visit Phong Nha & Tien Son: VND 550,000 (roughly USD 24)/ 1 boat / 12 people maximum with life jackets.
Nuoc Mooc Spring entrance ticket
Mooc Spring is hidden in the primeval forest, with wild beauty, seemingly only in fairy tales. This place has attracted many tourists to come to explore and conquer.
Located in Bo Trach district, Quang Binh province, about 70km northwest of Dong Hoi city, on the west branch of Ho Chi Minh road, near Phong Nha cave and Thien Duong cave. The Mooc Spring is likened to a “paradise of the world” with super magical angles appearing in the hit movie “Kong: Skull Island”.
- Admission ticket for adults and children from 1.3m up VND 80,000 (roughly 4 USD)/ 01 ticket.
- Children with a height of under 1.3m are free.
- The package service costs VND 180,000 (roughly 9 USD)/ 01 ticket / 01 adult and 100,000 VND/ child for children from 1.1m-1.3m. (Including Kayak rowing, Spring bathing, boating, life jackets, rescue service). Children under 1.3m are free of charge.
In low season from January-March and October-December:
- The package service costs 180,000 VND/ Adult and 50,000 VND/ child for children from 1.1m-1.3m.
- Children under 1.3m are free of charge.
Chay River – Dark Cave Entrance Fee
Chay River- Dark Cave is considered an attractive adventure eco-tourism route with an extremely attractive new tourism type of Quang Binh tourism industry.
You can participate in the aerial swing, swim in the river, or swing to Dark Cave, go kayaking to admire the beautiful natural scenery, enjoy relaxing moments while immersing yourself in the natural world. Plus, you can enjoy the traditional dishes of the local people.
To explore Chay river – Dark cave, visitors can choose one of two routes. Firstly, from Phong Nha tourist boat station, upstream Son river through Phong Nha cave about 1km will come to the confluence of rivers (Son river – Chay river – Trooc river).
Taking a boat along the Chay river branch for more than 5km, visitors will reach Dark cave, then finish the journey at the wharf of the Tro Mong ranger station. Second, visitors can go in the opposite direction, starting from the boat station of the Mo Mong checkpoint and ending at the Phong Nha tourist marina.
- Adults and children over 1m3 in height, weighing 40-90kg costs VND 450,000 (roughly USD 25)/ 01 ticket / 01 person (All services include Dark cave zipline, river zipline, thrills games, kayaking, Buddy bathing in Dark Cave).
- Children (90cm – 1.3m high): VND 150,000 (roughly USD 7.5 )/ person (no zip line, using kayaks with parents). Includes Dark Cave muddy bath and exploration, exploration and safety equipment, water games (thrills games not included)
Note: Children under 1m high, only use the children’s swimming pool.
Phong Nha Botanic Garden entrance tickets
Wind Waterfall – Botanical Garden is a nature reserve with an area of over 40 hectares located in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. With unspoiled and majestic beauty, an attractive attraction for tourists when traveling to Quang Binh. Coming to the Botanical Garden, you can immerse yourself in the wild nature, have the opportunity to learn about the rich and rare flora and fauna ecosystem of the primeval forest.
Exploring the Phong Nha Botanical Garden, you will have a great chance to admire the masterpieces of nature includes 9 attractions: Wind Waterfall, Fairy Waterfall; Vang Anh Lake, Specimen Gallery, Indigenous seedling nursery, 100 years old ancient trees, Vong Canh hill, etc.
- For adults, it costs VND 40,000 (roughly USD 2)/ 01 person.
- For children under 10 years old get 50% of adult fare.
This is the updated information about Phong Nha Entrance Fee in 2023. It can be changed depending on the number of the group, the seasons as well as policies of the local authority. Culture Pham Travel wishes you have a great time in Phong Nha.